- This event has passed.
Afterschool: Girls Maker Night: 3D Printing Panel
February 12 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Girls Maker Night is a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, & Math) afterschool program dedicated to self-identifying girls, trans, and non-binary students in grades 5-9.
Each week students explore the dynamic world of STEAM through hands-on activities and dreaming up creative inventions together. Assemble Afterschool sessions also include special visits from local artists, makers, and technologists who share their passion and talents with the group.
Join us for a very special Girls Maker Night at Assemble Pgh on Monday, February 12th from 4-6pm. Women in 3D Printing Pittsburgh, in conjunction with Down to Earth Technologies and CMU NextManufacturing will be hosting a special session on 3D Printing with a panel of women working in the field and will provide a Tinkercad tutorial for students to design their own keychain to print!
4:15 PM Welcome and Ice Breaker
4:25 PM Intro to 3D Printing
4:35 PM Panel Discussion
- Shayla Anthony, CTO, Down to Earth Technologies, LLC
- Gala Solis, Graduate Student, University of Pittsburgh
- Georgette Nelson, Senior Program Manager, America Makes / National Center for Defense Manufacturing and Machining
- Cathy Coudriet, STEM Education Coordinator, FabLab
- Katie O’Donnell, Postdoc, Carnegie Mellon University