Assemble summer camps are a STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, & Math) digital hangout for kids and tweens, ages 6-15 to learn through making, testing out wild ideas, and building a better future. Each week students explore with hands-on activities included in their material kit and get special visits from local artists, makers, and technologists who share their passion and talents with the group!
FREE for Garfield Residents!
- In-Person Camps meet 9am-4pm Monday through Friday at Assemble.
- Childcare is available before camp from 8am-9am and after care is also available from 4pm-5pm. Each for an additional $10 fee.
- Students should pack a lunch if possible. If this is not possible, please select Free Lunch during registration.
- All in-person 2021 programming will abide by Assemble’s Reopening Plan, which will published in the late spring of 2021.
This summer, students are building in-demand skills, collaborating with friends online, and gaining confidence—all from the comfort of home.
- Virtual Camps meet 1pm-3pm Monday through Friday and feature engaging, live instruction and small-group, collaborative learning. Each day includes a 2 hour lesson plus self-guided projects which can be completed at any time.
- Assemble Virtual Camps use Google Meet as our classroom. Registered families will receive the link to join the Google Meet classroom prior to the camp.
Assemble believes that the 21st Century skills youth learn in our programs should be accessible to everyone. If cost is a barrier to participation please contact us and we will work with you to make sure your kiddo can join the camp. Please email email@example.com or call 412-661-6111.
$250 Full Price
$125 Scholarship (50% discount)
$0 Garfield Resident
$100 Full Price
$50 Scholarship (50% discount)
$0 Garfield Resident
Kit pick up for virtual camps is available and announced closer to camp dates. Kit delivery is available for an additional $12 (USPS Priority Mail). Please make sure to select this in registration.
A full refund will be given to cancelation requests prior to June 1. No refunds will be given after June 1, as program materials will have already been purchased. Credit for camps can be kept on file for future registration or you can be transferred into another program depending on availability.
If Assemble has to cancel camps due to COVID-19 families will receive a full refund.
Thank you for understanding.
Summer Camp Schedule
June 21 to June 25 : Grades 5-9
Join us on this movie making adventure! We’re designing our own stories inspired by comics, characters, and more.
Which came first, the dinosaur or the egg? Learn about prehistoric animals and explore the science of archaeology.
June 28 -July 2 : Grades 3-5
July 6-July 9 : Grades 1-2*
* This camp is a 4 day camp in observation of the 4th of July, therefore registration prices are reduced for this camp.
Join Assemble teachers as we explore biomimicry in engineering and design and harness the superpowers that exist in nature. We’ll design, prototype, and make our own costumes and gadgets. Don’t worry, your secret identity is safe with us!
July 12 – July 16 : Grades 3-5
July 19 – July 23 : Grades 1-2
Draw, paint and build your way through different STEAM challenges. Get ready for material explorations of epic proportions!
July 26 to July 30 : Grades 3-5
August 2-August 6 : Grades 1-2
August 9 – August 13 : Grades 4-9
Join Galaxy Girl space crew build a spaceship, simulate a space flight, and even terraform a distant planet. Explore the universe with Assemble teachers, and learn about what it takes to build new habitats on other planets. This camp is for all self-identifying girls, nonbinary, and trans students.
We want all assemblers to enjoy their visit and be as safe as possible! Our board and leadership team are working hard to release our official reopening plan in the late spring before summer camps. Click the button to read Assemble’s Summer Camp Guidelines.