Local artist Ryan Ian McCormick teaches adult students to repurpose found objects (receipts, maps, bus passes, etc.) and use acrylic paint to create collages of historical Pittsburgh scenes. The class is for beginners and for artists who may be out of practice. No drawing skills are required.
All supplies are included and the class is BYOB. Students will go home with artwork of a historical Pittsburgh scene that will be ready to hang.
Subject matters include:
– The first home of the National Negro Opera Company in Homewood (April 8)
– August Wilsonʼs childhood home in the Hill District (May 13)
– The legendary jazz club, The Crawford Grill, also in the Hill District (June 10).
– The Wilkinsburg Train Station (July 8)
– The Watertower in Garfield (August 12)
– Carrie Furnace (September 9)