- This event has passed.
Make and Swap
April 7 @ 5:00 PM - 8:00 PM$10
It’s spring cleaning, Assemble-style! Support our youth programs while participating in a reimagined clothing swap. This is an event for folks of all ages, bodies, and genders!
How it works:
Bring an assortment of clothes, shoes, and accessories to Assemble (4824 Penn Ave.) on Saturday, April 7th, between 5-8PM. Find some new-to-you clothes and alter/decorate/rework them to make them your own! We will have making stations set up around the space for visitors to remix their finds. We’ll have sewing supplies, beads + buttons, and bedazzlers.
Take a photo booth picture in your reworked fashion, and leave with a rad new look.
- access to sewing machines
- sewing supplies and flair
- sewing assistance from local experts
- a selection of donated clothing, shoes, and accessories
- option to screen print the Assemble unicorn-robot design on found clothes
- snacks (gluten-free and nut-free options)
Beer will be available by donation or BYOB.
Assemble is a wheelchair accessible space. We have 2 all-gender restrooms, both of which have baby changing tables. Please feel free to email jess [at] assemblepgh [dot] org or hannah [at] assemblepgh [dot] org with any accessibility needs.